Experience | 4 weeks into Industrial Training...

by - 12:24 PM

The Heights Residence, Melaka | 5 April 2018


Assalamualaikum!
Hi guys, as I mentioned in my previous, previous post, I'm starting my Industrial Training atau bahasa kampungnya Latihan Industri atau bahasa pemalasnya, LI, so I'm here to share how it has been going so far.

       Some of you guys might know, or might not know that I'm a Diploma student in course ICT, but I undergo my LI at SMK Pelabuhan, Kuantan. Yes, a school. While orang lain sibuk cari company, school has always been in my first target, and is the first number I gave a call. The reason is, first, sebab I memang tahu sekolah ni pernah ambil student IT untuk LI. Second, my sister is a teacher here- bukan nak pakai cable eh- tapi sebab senang nak commute. Third, I've always want to be a teacher, tapi tak kesampaian. Tak adalah expect diri ini nak mengajar pun, cuma I just want to experience working environment dekat sekolah, dengan cikgu-cikgu, and students. So, yes, sekolah it is. SMKP pun terima aku dengan hati terbuka, lagilah aku terus malas nak cari tempat lain.

So this is my view everyday and yes, that's twitter in the background ahshsajja

       I'm placed at the school's computer lab which I loike very the muchi because aircond!! Although now my skin is getting dryer that it already is blergh. Tapi okaylah at least tak panas peluh lecak-lecak kan hahaha.  My working scope is not that heavy, I believe. Just adalah design sikit-sikit, tolong student or cikgu bila ada problem, hias-hias makmal sikit-sikit. And disebabkan sekolah ni tak cukup cikgu camtu, so ada jugak dapat relief kelas hahahaha I FEEL SO CIKGU TAHU TAK AKSKSKSK. Especially bila the students call me cikgu. Kalau ikutkan, aku sedar diri je aku ni tak layak dipanggil cikgu, like I don't have the qualification pun okay. But my boss, tuan pengetua bagi je the students call me cikgu so we still have boundaries, because, umur tak jauh beza pun haa aku ni pangkat kakak-kakak je dengan diorang. So my boss doesn't want them to become disrespectful la gitu.

With students present in the lab

       Socializing was... uh, so-so. I'm a socially awkward person, it's really hard for me to make new friends tbh, especially in this working environment where I'm the youngest here, and everyone is a teacher, and much older so I'm more to scared I'd done something rude or disrespectful to them. Cuma, things are a little okay because everyone already know me as 'Adik Izati'- which is my sister. Btw, my sister moved to other school just before I started my LI :-----) It does bring me somewhat a pressure though because of course, people will somehow compare, and my sister and I are completely different in personalities, physically we're pretty much similar so everyone's like "muka sama je dia dengan Izati" hahahaha. Personality-wise, I'm less patient than her, so kalau ada yang cari pasal tu firstly memang muka aku obvious gilalah bila annoyed. But so far, ada satu cikgu and satu kelas ni je betul-betul get on my nerve 😤

I think that's all for now? I think I'll update more about my whole experience once my LI is over, that, if I have time to sit and write because after LI terus start new sem a.k.a my last semester for diploma!

Bye and Assalamualaikum 😊

Oh, my blog has new look! It's not completely done yet but what do you think?

You May Also Like

9 comment(s)

  1. im a social awkward too. rela disuruh buat kerja banyak-banyak daripada tak buat kerja atau kena bercakap dengan orang lel

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like youre having fun in your LI. hopefully i can do the same :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, first time dtg sini and your blog is super ohsem! I love the look. And me too a social awkward but I believe time flies will lowering the awkwardness a bit. Keep holding on and you can make it!

    The Hundred Pages | Eyqa Zq

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you eyqa! I love your blog too :) Now it's getting better, I'm less awkward and interacted with more people too! Thank you for such kind words from you <3

      Delete
  4. IDK why I love to read your blog, pls update more and more :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Luck!!! I'm so nervous right now!!! Mine will start in March ahahaha

    ReplyDelete

Drop your comment here!